Saturday, September 19, 2009

10 Days and Counting

I held a yard sale this weekend. I'd never held a yard sale before. I spent the last week filtering through each room and closet moving all my potentially sellable items to the garage. It was an empty garage finally because I got all the stagnant vending machines moved to new Snack Master Phil's garage. So I have been able to focus on the tasks remaining before I can resume the road trip.

The yard sale was successful and brought in nearly $500; more important, it cleared away more than half the volume of my stuff. As I go through the rest of my accumulated goods, I need to figure out what to do with the stuff I want to keep. Storage worked for the first trip, but as I may not be residing in Phoenix after this go around, it'd be best if I could get it to a place I am sure to return...Mom's.

BTW, Happy Birthday Mom!

I have a To Do list, hand written, with check boxes and all. It gets longer and shorter each day as I complete some tasks and think of more. But with the yard sale completed, I feel the biggest task is complete, and now it is just a lot of little finishing touches to get through. Then I am on the road again.

Where to go? I haven't given it too much specific thought yet, but it has been a long time since I was last on the east coast, so I am heading home first. I think I'll take a southern route home, and plan to hit the Big Bend National Park in Texas along the way. Other than that, I am open to chance and suggestion. I'd estimate it will take between 5 and 10 days to get to Jersey, which will probably depend on how much I am enjoying being on the road again.

I assume I will love the travel as much as I did two years ago, but that is yet to be determined. Given the assumption, I would like to connect with friend and family in NJ and CT, and then perhaps head a bit quickly toward the west coast and meet up with Bro in Portland to see the Willamette wineries. I'd also connect in Portland with bCollins. Following that, I'd make sure to see the family in SF and Battlestar in Seattle. At least that's my current speculation...it's all up to interpretation.

So, in at most 10 days, I should be back Road Tripping. Care to join me?

5 comments:

Subbu said...

Good Luck

Old Aunt said...

Ohio, Ohio - 3-way, family,
and finally I'm glad you back on line again. Missed you

RoadTripper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoadTripper said...

Young Aunt, you know there is no way I would go on this trip without you. I will be visiting you soon enough. BTW, it was great seeing Danny this week. I think both of us have dared to strike out, and have succeded. I'll be visiting him in LA, and he may join me for the drive to SF. BTW, you have the Cuyahuga NP there in Ohio...care to go on the Road Trip for a couple days?

Old Aunt said...

I assume Cuyahugo NP is in the Cleveland area. Just might like a ride up there.