Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I Think It's Tomorrow

Both of these statements are true: So much to do, so little time. So little to do, so much time.

I am really hoping that sometime tomorrow morning I will be finished with storing my stuff and be out roadtripping. But there is still a handful of tasks, mostly manual labor, that may take a few hours, and not give me enough time to hit the road. However, there are not so many things to do, that if I get an early start, I can make it. Just a lot to accomplish, and I need to get it done.

The opposite is also true. I'm not exactly in a rush. It'd be fun to speed out tomorrow, but there is no pressing deadline. Whenever I am done with the storage, I will have nothing on the schedule. Nothing. Well, I suppose SixPack is getting married in May. (Congrats Jack!) But I can't really think of another mandatory scheduling requirement before then. I've got time.

And space. I probably will transverse the country a couple times in the next couple of months. Pre is primed, though still could use a complete cleaning. I still have all the accoutrement's from the last trip, so I am well equipped. I bought the latest edition of the Road Food book (200 new entries...in NJ, they are up to 10 entries and only 8 of them are hot dog stands).

After posting this, I will be disconnecting my computer to move to storage. One of the handful of tasks. I have to disconnect the TV and Tivo (how do I love thee Tivo!) Do some final vacuuming and cleaning. Connect with the Treasons one last time to pass off my unfinished jars of mayo, pickles, soy sauce and a half a box of otter pops. Put the last items into storage. Pack Pre with the pile of roadtripping materials. Lock the door. And go.

Oh, and plan a route. Since I don't have any real plans for the first couple of days, I'll let you know what I decided after I've done it.

This should be fun!

RT

4 comments:

MMMMMM said...

Good luck, have fun, and be safe!
With the economy in much worse shape since your last road trip, I wonder if you will notice any differences?

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you - see you when I see you! Safe trip!

TP

RoadTripper said...

6 M's,

When I went on the last trip, the recession was just beginning, anad the housing crisis was an issue. People were talking about it, but still optimistic. As I ran the vending business, i heard tons of sob stories, and it was sad. I expect to hear similar on the trip. Hopefully it wont be as bad as i suspect.

RoadTripper said...

TP,

Yep, timing didn't work out. I had to hit the road. But I will be back, so keep the guest room ready.

RT