Sunday, January 28, 2007

Realtor

I headed out for lunch and to see if Realty places were open. At the corner of Washington, a guy was putting up a sign for an open house. I asked, "Realtor or home owner?" So Phil is now my realtor. He's coming at 6 to see the place and talk things over.

Need to research realtors and find out what to look for and ask. Here are some quick results:

Are you a full time Agent?

  • How long have you been in the Real Estate business?
  • Are you an MLS (Multiple Listing Service) Member?
  • How familiar are you with the area where our home is located?
  • How many homes did you sell in this area in the last year?
  • Can you supply 3 names and addresses of recent clients for whom you sold a home that I can contact for reference purposes?
  • How do you arrive at the suggested listing price for my home?
  • What is your specific marketing plan for my house?
  • How do you plan on keeping me informed of the progress of the sale of my home?
  • What professional designations do you have?
  • Do you have a personal assistant, team or staff to handle different parts of the purchase?
  • What are their names and how will each of them help me in my transaction?
  • How do I communicate with them?
  • Do you have a Website that will list my home? Can I have your URL address?
  • Who responds to emails and how quickly? What’s your email address?
  • What do you do that other agents don't that ensures I'm getting top dollar for my home?
  • What is your average market time versus other agents' average market time?
  • Do you have a performance guarantee? If I am not satisfied with your performance, can I terminate our listing agreement?
  • How will you get paid? How are your fees structured? May I have that in writing?
  • What will you do to sell my home?
  • Who determines where and when my home is marketed/ promoted?
  • Who pays for your advertising?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One good source is Poliero - he may be able to recommend someone - but Phil might be all right.

The SWZA said...

Oh my god, Poliero. I love that dude!

What up, L!

Anonymous said...

Yo my nizzle! Rainy here in the big AZ. Sucks.