Saturday, January 27, 2007

Trip Tasks

Some Random Stuff


Things To Bring On the Ride:

1. Books: (This might have to become it's own topic soon.)

2. Phone

3. Camera

4. Tent - TBD??? And then what sterno, generator, hot dogs - I really don't think I am a tent person - I need the shower and TV.

5. Cooler (sm, med, lg?)

6. Golf Clubs - This is a must...but it could eat up a lot of space. I am pretty certain that I can't do this in the SAAB because the trunk is too small. Definitely pointing me to a new vehicle. .

Things to Cancel Before Going:

1. Armando

2. NYTimes - Cancelled 2/1/2007

3. Cable (phone/computer/cable)

4. Gas Electric

5. Mail - well not really cancel, redirect to either a PO box or MaPa

People to Visit On Trip:

1. Relatives:

  • Mark
  • Kristin
  • Cousins - Murphy's, Meyers, Lavins, Greene's

2. The Pierces

3. Seismic

4. Glinwin


Random Places to Visit:

  • Chicago
  • New Orleans
  • Cincinatti
  • Arizona
  • San Fran
  • Grand Canyon
  • Yellowstone
  • LA
  • San Diego

This will be one destination and I wanted to test adding a picture.



People who may join at some point:

  • Joey - First trip plan so far - Jersey to Chicago, Wrigley, Drive down the Mississippi River, both sides - New Orleans. From there I either mail him home, and go to AZ, or turn back and hit Atlanta on way to dropping him off and recharging.
  • Pierces - I plan to abduct you

Let me know to add you to the list.


What to do with Vader:

  • Find new owner - Glinwin? Pierces? Mark/Maria? Jack? Mom? Battlestar/Lisa?
  • No kill shelter on Long Island
  • Freeze

Some notes from people I want to remember but don't have a place for yet:

1. Living Will, just in case something should happen to you out there on your big adventure. - Glinwin

2. Absentee ballot just in case you're still on your adventure when voting time comes. - Glinwin


10 comments:

buzmurphy said...

Here's one to definitley read -- Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck -- his travels across the country with his dog. I remember at as fascinating (like Huch's trip down the Mississippi)
--Buz

RoadTripper said...

Hi Dad, thanks for the suggestion...it will be added to the page.

Nice chatting with you...thanks for the encourgament...at this early stage I need it!

Tripper

or should I sign off Trip, or RoadTripper...I really need to think of something more clever to call this. All suggestions welcome.

Anonymous said...

FREEZE HER!!! I wanna see what happens. Just take her to Jack's and leave her. He'll never notice.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Robert M. Pirsig)is another good book.

Steinbeck's book about the dust bowl - damn - what's the name?!)Grapes of Wrath.

Anonymous said...

Oh - also, it cracks me up - the first thing you have to cancel is Armando....

The SWZA said...

Yeah, dude, "cancelling" Armando sounds like you're gonna kill him.

Kerouac. Good call. Kickass book. You can borrow mine.

Hell, I'll bring it with us on my leg of the trip.

I'm also going to need a beer fridge of Monster. Otherwise, I'll be asleep the whole time. Especially behind the wheel.

RoadTripper said...

SWZA - perhaps you don't remember, but I already borrowed your Kerouac. I stole it out of your apt like a month ago. Taking it with me!

kristinrmchu said...

freeze the cat

Anonymous said...

Hey - just remembered another author - you had mentioned "walkabout" and it jogged a memory - Bill Bryson!!!

http://www.randomhouse.com/features/billbryson/

He is an amazing author and HYSTERICAL!!! Just his "travels" and what happens on them. Walk In The Woods is about the Appalachian Trail, In A Sunburned Country is about Australia - Mark might like this too.

Just so funny. Anyway - that's all for now.

Anonymous said...

do you really think you'll be READING during this trip when you could be exploring or chatting up with the locals?? You won't read two books!!!!

RoadTripper said...

Hi treason's sister,

Treason Pal said she told you about the trip, but I didn't know you would check this out.

I may have a bunch of alone time, so I do think I will do some reading. But perhaps that is a bit ambitious.

Talking to the locals is the thing I want to do the most. I really hope I am not reading because I am chatting them up.