Friday, August 26, 2011

Maine Called on Account of Rain

There was no escaping the system, and with a couple days of bad weather ahead, I think the smart decision was to give up the road trip, and just be comfortable for the rest of the week.

The decision to go home was difficult for me because there were some very exciting opportunities to see some things that I might not get to see again.  The top two missed opportunities were the "Knife's Edge" hike up Katahdin in Baxter State Park and a visit to Mount Washington in New Hampshire where I haven't even completed researching the opportunities that seem plentiful.

With hurricane Irene approaching, perhaps it seems a bit silly that I ran away from a (relatively) smaller system.  But the expansive system that we had to drive through was clearly going to sap the enjoyment out of the rest of the trip.

No comments: