Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Small Day - Day 74

Small day, small post.

I drove along route 80 from Green River, WY to Sarasota, WY, and passed nothing but beautiful scenery, the Continental Divide and squashed moles. The moles (or are they prairie dogs?) stand up on the side of the road, look across to see the other side, and you never know when one of them is going to tuck down and sprint in front of you. I still have no claim to roadkill; they've been lucky.

From Sarasota, I entered the Snowy Range Road Scenic Byway to Laramie. This was a gorgeous drive with fresh scented pines, pristine lakes, rushing rivers, hikers and bikers, and snow. It's all about elevation, and I believe this was the highest altitude I have achieved thus far at 10,847 feet. At the peek, there was a great Observation Point that you can see as far as the Rockies (about as far as the eye can see across land.)

I met a couple, from CT and CA. They were moving in together, and he had flown to CT to drive her back. They had made it here in 3 days, and were way ahead of schedule, so they decided on this scenic drive. I recommended they stay off the major highways as much as possible...they were just getting it.

Resting up here in Laramie tonight. I had a fantastic dinner at the Calvaryman Steakhouse, a recommendation of the locals. After requesting a red wine anticipating a great WY rare meat, I ordered fish. After all, it was "Fresh Walleye" as the special of the day. I'll let these pictures explain how I felt about it:
BEFORE

AFTER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Disappointed you did not eat the lemon. Did you get it wrapped up?

Anonymous said...

mfox - LOL!!!!