Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Snodgrass - Day 59

I'm grounded. I will not be taking an early flight back to SF. With plans to stay in the Russian River area of California's wine region early next week, preceded by an appointment at the Toyota dealership on Monday, I really wouldn't be able to take to the road and accomplish much by going back early. So I will still be flying out on Saturday as planned.

I can now add "living with my parents" to my already fetching qualities of jobless and homeless.

I'm feeling a bit unproductive. Since the day I fully decided to undertake this Road Trip, I have been so completely absorbed in all the tasks leading up to and including the trip that "down time" has been non-existent. I don't know how normal unemployed people can bear all the wasted time. I heard recently that some take to odd tasks such as vacuuming their driveway...if I only owned a driveway...

I may not post again until something NEW happens again, so feel free not to check in until next week.

But tonight, I did have dinner with a great group of friends old and new. After beating SWZA at three straight games of Scrabble, we hooked up with Beena, her bro, and a few others for an excellent meal of Indian food.

I love all of the Asian cuisines, but, as far Asian cuisines go, Indian is lowest on my hierarchy. (Generally, my cuisine ranking is Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, followed by Indian.) I think it is because I love eating cows and Indians don't. But, there are two things that Indian food does better than any of the other cuisines - bread and sauces. Next to French bread IN France, Nan is consistently one of the best breads. And if you take out all the chunky stuff from Indian main courses, you are left with the superb dipping sauces ranging from refreshing cucumber yogurt to spicy red and green curries. I guess my ideal Indian meal would be 5 slabs of Nan and a bowl each of Vindaloo and Tikka Massala sauce. Which is pretty much what I had for dinner tonight...excellent.

As for the company, the Bozarth's that attended have each independently been ranked higher than me by my nieces and nephew. Beena is certainly the sister my sister never had and as much of an aunt to ReMax as I am an uncle. She even changes diapers. And my brother once told me that Adam had (briefly) replaced me as favorite uncle to his daughters. Also, SWZA brought along her current heartthrob JW Snodgrass. (Yes, that is his real last name.) Kudos SWZA, and he's even over 20. MFox - you can go back to your real last name now.

1 comment:

The SWZA said...

Aaw, thank you so much for telling the world you smoked me thrice at Scrabble. Remind me to kick you someplace soft next time you're on my coast.

And the 20 dig. Kick, two times.

However, you neglected to mention a key event of last night.

Here, allow me:

Those who know RoadTripper personally, know he is Quick Draw McGraw when the check comes. It's ridiculous, I can see a weather forecast coming from another time zone, but RT is like Copperfield when the little billfoldythinger arrives.

So it was pretty quality to find JWS had managed to pull off some trickery of his own under all our noses. RT wouldn't hear of it, and requested he be handed the paper receipt.

So JWS ate it.

We fell out, it was so randomly genius. Eventually, he did submit to garbage the finely chewed paperwork, but as he explained, "Only because this ink isn't mint flavored."

*****

What a blast last night was, I'm so glad it all worked out. It's always good to see you, bro, and thank you for fixing my counter thing on the thing.

Meanwhile, my god my teeth are white.

See, kids? Proper dental hygiene and a severe addiction to acidic foods and whitening strips, and all this can be yours...