Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Day at the Beach - Day 120 - 121

Hi, this is Road Tripper's (Uncle Scott's) niece, Maitlyn and I am going to create his blog page for him today. He needs to sleep because he has been driving too much. He got here yesterday afternoon. Here's what we did:

Yesterday we went to the beach and jumped waves with Mary and Megan (my cousins) and my sister Melanie.We also played in the sand, looked for seashells and rocks, and buried Mia (my little sister). I actually have three sisters Melanie, Megan and Mia. They are all younger than me (8,5,3).

The cool thing about my family is that my family's names all start with an M, Maria (my mom), Mark (my dad), me, Melanie, Megan and Mia. There are a lot of people with M names who are with me in Cape May. Maritza (Uncle Joe’s girlfriend), Mary ,Megan(my cousins), Meme(my grandmother), Mare-mare(my dads aunt),and Max(my cousin). Now for the people without M names. Uncle Joe, Buz (my grandfather), Aunt Terri, Uncle David, Ries (my cousin), Aunt Kristin, Cousin Tina, Uncle Dickson, Adam(a friend who is here), Abby(Adam’s girlfriend), Bruce(My dads uncle) and Beana. Now if you want we could go through my moms side of the family! I’d rather not because that is a lot of people!

Last night we had dinner(tacos) and a birthday party for Melanie, Mary and Aunt Terri(the august birthday girls). Mare-mare was driving the cake home, and she turned the steering wheel left and the cake fell on her because it was a sharp turn. Luckily it was in a box so the car didn’t get messy. But the cake got smooshed on one side and the icing got stuck on the top of the box. So the cake needed surgery. First we cut out the clear top of the box that had the “Happy Birthday” writing on it. Then we pressed the plastic on the cake so it still said “Happy Birthday” (we put candles in the cake except for the plastic part). Luckily it worked. The icing was really sugary…Yummmmmmm! We stayed up til 10 PM because of all the sugar.

Today we woke up and it was raining! We went to breakfast at the Pancake House and I had strawberry pancakes with whipped cream on top...Yummmmmm again! Then the rain cloud went away and we decided to go to the beach. The waves were really big and we got pushed over a lot. It was rough, really rough. But we all made it through.


For the next blog, I'm gonna leave it for Uncle Scott to do. Bye everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maitlyn, thanks for putting together one of the better written entries. That was nice of you to give Uncle Scott a break. Now tell him to put on sunscreen before he turns purple.

Beth Kelley said...

That was wonderful writing Maitlyn!! Please do another entry before you leave. (I love how Buz is on Bruce's lap in the one picture.) We are so bummed we are going to miss you and your family at the beach. Have a fun time!

Anonymous said...

So there were 12 M's and 12 non-M's there Sunday night. I'll grant the M's may be generally prettier, but the non-M's can kick butt in arm wrestling since 95% of the M's are girlie-girls.

Anonymous said...

And included in the girlie-girls is Mark

Anonymous said...

Maitlyn,
You did a wonderful job writing for the blog. I think you should help out your Uncle Scott as much as possible with his blog.