Sunday, February 18, 2007

V1.0


I just went on a 1 day road trip to the MBK chalet. Awesome time. This is a photo from their front porch.

Enjoying Life!

Anyway, I think I've pieced together a part of the trip. The plan is, CuzJoe and I head out on the 8th or 9th of April. First destination: Chicago. The Cubs are in town that week, so I hope to be in the bleachers of Wrigley. From there, we meander down the Mississippi (I think I need to add Huck Finn to the reading list). After that, it’s the Jazz, Gumbo and Hurricanes (maybe a little bit Katrina and a little bit Pat O’Brien’s) of Nawlins.

By then it will probably be time to say adieu to CuzJoe. I’ll skirt around Crawford as I cut across Texas. Destination AZ. From there the timetable varies, side trips may be taken (I will get to the Grand Canyon before this is done), but it will likely be followed by a fling to San Fran, perhaps with a layover at Yosemite.

After that, there are a few possibilities…a trek to Alaska…visit the Coach and family in S.D. … aloha Hawaii…and a couple of others.

Either way, this is just Version 1.0 of the Road Trip. (Hey, I haven’t quit my job yet, I’ll unwind later.) While some of the destinations are firming up, it's certainly open to interpretation.

No comments: