Monday, February 26, 2007

CuzJoe In Town

Because the advantages of taking a LOA were not much better than just plain resigning, I decided to resign. Last day officially is Friday. What a breeze it was being at work today. Spent some time with HR and found out some of the things to do to prepare.

After surprising us all by buying a new house himself, CuzJoe was up visiting this weekend. He wanted to put more particulars around his vacation plans. So as of now, it looks like we’ll be leaving on April 8th, and heading for Pittsburgh, where we will probably spend the night and try to catch a ball game. We’d then try to travel most of the way to Chicago probably getting there Tuesday. We will stay there until Saturday, spend a couple days wandering and would like to stop over in Memphis at least on Wednesday. Then it’s the Big Easy through Sunday morning when CuzJoe will be heading home.

At least that’s the plan so far.

No bids on the condo (or Vader) yet. But had a couple of repeat visitors this weekend.

4 comments:

cousinjen said...

Congrats! You are an (almost) free man! Wanted to chime in to let you know that perhaps you could forgo Cobra for travel insurance--I had this once (through STA travel) and it was quite inexpensive and covered me for the major things once I left my home state. Never had a medical need, but they reimbursed me suprisingly quickly and easily when I had a backpack stolen. And good luck to Vader. You could always send him to Ecuador.

The SWZA said...

WOOO!

Offer to damage ex-boss' solarplexus still stands. Y'know, for fun.

RoadTripper said...

cousinjen...I will certainly look into the travel insurance. The Cobra will cost like 300+ per month, so it would be nice to cut down on that. Thanks.

swza...lol! Today I got to fill out an HR exit interview form. I dissed the boss pretty bad. HR then wanted to discuss it with me...I finally got to say all the nasty. It was fun. Probably won't make a difference, but it certainly put a smile on my face.

The SWZA said...

I hope you did some Office Space justice, and told all the cufflinked coffee-mugged douche trenches that you had a meeting with the Bobs and wouldn't be doing any more TPS reports.

CHEAH, BO-OY! La-ers!