Thursday, March 1, 2007

13 Years Completed - 1 Day Remaining

Tomorrow is my last day.

No more:
  • Hour long commute
  • Paycheck
  • Office or cubicle (see picture of office below)
  • Red-tape, paper-pushing or SOX
  • Bosses
  • Business casual
  • ID card
  • Status meetings - or any meetings
  • Co-workers
  • Conference calls
  • ... there are many more

Here's a picture of the office I am leaving behind:



I'm really not in a reminiscing mood...I'm ready for whats next. I have started reading On The Road by Kerouac - on page 3 our protagonist is in Hoboken before beginning his Road Trip.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I could say something like tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life, but that was today - or Saturday. Good luck and God Speed (whatever that means).

Anonymous said...

From Wikipedia:
Godspeed

An expression of respect and good will when addressing someone, typically someone about to go on a journey or a daring endeavor.
A Christian substitute to the otherwise sacrilegious "good luck", which implies that anything can be random and out of the hands of God. Used to express concern and prayer for someone.

So I guess either Good Luck or Godspeed should work -- will we ever know which one did the trick?

RoadTripper said...

buz, lol. actually based on you supplied definitions and my own personal beliefs, I think the proper contraction would be Goodspeed...it takes both God and luck out of it.

Battlestar said...

I guess I'll have to remove "roadtripper@work" from my phones' contact lists.

The future Mrs. BS and I will be in Hoboken later tonight (~10ish) and tomorrow, so you'd better be in the mood for some celebrating.

RoadTripper said...

Yes Battlestar, and I will eventually be losing my home phone and cable email...all should start using my gmail address and cell phone as that will be all that is left in about a month or so.

The SWZA said...

Haaa, bro, welcome to the SWZA ville -- no lease, cell phone, and crispy gmail address.