Thursday, March 8, 2007

Long Live Vader

Long Live Vader

Unfortunately, I never got to test the frozen cat theory. I reposted the craigslist item for Vader. After a couple of email inquiries, I got a call at 7 last night asking if she was still available. A 10 minute chat later, and I was stuffing all the cat crap I owned into plastic bags.

Vader was freaking out. I chased her room to room for a while before closing the door in the back bedroom and cornering her. I snatched her up and ”gently” placed her into the carrying case. For the first time in 3 years, Vader was going outside.

Over Vader’s loud moans of protest, I listened to the lynching stories of Scooter Libby (we got the wrong guy for the wrong crime – it should have been Cheney for outing a covert CIA agent). An hour later I was at Vader’s new home in Hackettstown.

The new owners looked like they were 21 and just out of college. In their small apartment, I opened the cage. Vader emerged, took a brief look at me, “Meow”, and ran for a hiding place. That was the last I’d see of her.

This is the last of only 3 pictures I ever had of her.

4 comments:

The SWZA said...

Ha HAA!!

Sayonara evil cat!

[No offense, Lins...]

Anonymous said...

HEY!!! That cat was not born by me. Oh geeze... No offense taken, she was that way when we got her - thus the name VADER. Evil one. Oh, and she had a respiratory infection. So she breathed funny. "Hey, she sounds like Darth Vader!"

Done deal.

Peace out there Sweeney-head.

Anonymous said...

here kit - oh, nevermind.

Anonymous said...

Jaime's first comment when I mentioned that you were going on a walkabout, was, "is he bringing his cats?" (she still remembers when you babysat for your neighbors cat). She said if you did not, then she would die.