Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Bob and Car and Phone and Cat

Last night I attended a gathering honoring my first boss at my ex-company. Coincidentally, he retired on the same day I quit. There was an excellent turnout which demonstrates the positive impact he has had on so many he has worked with. Happy trails Bob!

As for the trip, I have been getting the technology part in order. I bought a new Verizon Blackberry with “broadband” access. I am now receiving emails to scott.roadtrip@gmail.com on it. This will be my only email address once I leave, so please start using only that to email me. I was able to keep my cell phone number, so that will also be my only number soon.

I also received my first laptop on Monday. It’s a Dell, and has pretty good power. It took a little jiggering, but I have now connected my cell phone to the laptop and have accessed the internet. Maybe I am just in a good area, but the speed is surprisingly good. So I should be able to easily keep this site updated on the road. I think I have a pretty good handle on the trip technology now.

As for the vehicle, I went to a Toyota dealership and tested out the 2007 Prius. It’s a fun car. The trunk space seems adequate and I have a place for my clubs. I will be trying out a few other cars in the next week or so, but if nothing else wow’s me, I’ll get the Prius. Anyone want to buy a SAAB convertible?

I have my first lead on someone who will save Vader from the freezer! She may end up in a home with 2 male cats and a Chihuahua. Unless anyone wants a Vader?

No comments: