Sunday, March 4, 2007

Finally On Hiatus

A powerful storm came in on Friday, my last work day. My commute to work took 2 hours because of all the flooding, and I got there late at 10:30...hey, what are they gonna do, fire me?

After all the goodbyes, and a final luncheon, I dropped my badge off at HR and pushed through the revolving door for the last time. I couldn't help but whoop - WaaaHooo! The rains had ended, the temperature had risen to 60, and I put the top down on the convertible for the ride home, whooping intermittently.

Cookie, Mak and I plowed through 3 superb bottles of wine from their cellar and a feast of sushi and sashimi we had delivered (thank you very much!). Looks like Mak may have some time off between jobs, and we are beginning to plan out a possible trip to Alaska in late May or early June. Cookie's not thrilled about me stealing his wife for a vacation, but he is also reluctant to join the trip - Mak, you're going to need to work on him.

I already have a busy schedule this week with activities planned from Monday through Thursday, including a job interview/meet and greet on Tuesday set up by the Cuban. I will also be test driving a Prius one day this week, just to level set before trying out some other cars. Next week is Battlestar's 4 day bachelor party in Tampa. I am looking into extending it and joining my 4 nieces in Orlando for some of the theme parks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Can't wait to have you in SF! K