Thursday, March 15, 2007

Battlestar Bachellor Bash

We all arrived here in Tampa today, and went straight from the airport to a sports bar. The Penn game was on, and though they gave hints of having a chance, March Madness again ended on the first day for the Quakers.

This was followed by a Ybor (pronounced E-bore) city, the nightlife center for Tampa. Not much action down here right now, and we took over a bar whose claim to fame is beer pong. As we all have more than 20 years professional experience at this, it was right up our alley. Six hours straight of drinking and gorging on some pretty good bar food, and some of us are settling down and saving energy for golf tomorrow and some of the more decadent parts of the bash.

It's great to be wearing shorts and sandals and soaking in the warm weather. There's supposed to be a big snowstorm heading up the north east, so the timing couldn't be better.

I got emails from my realtor that we are now finished with lawyer review, so I have apparently sold my condo - final price 395K. I am psyched. I also got a couple of calls from my Toyota dealer. My Prius has arrived, and they are going to install the leather seats, so the car will be ready for pickup as soon as I get back. I'd hate to jinx myself, but everything has been moving along without a hitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go boy-o's. That is so chill. (sorry - listening to Digable Planets, Slick Like This) Yeah, 99 degrees yesterday, oh and today I think it might be 98. Hm. Damn hot summer. Pass the H2O.

Big love to everybody - and did you have a Linda on the plane?! Or, better yet, a Sweeney?