Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Wrinkle

Ok, so my place is ready to be put on the market, pictures were taken and it should be online tomorrow. Storage now has half my stuff…amazing how much stuff you accumulate. Cat is freaked out…all her comfy spots are gone. Living sterile is difficu; I guess it is a good transition living without.

The work situation had a little twist today. The department next to us had lay-offs. Lay Offs!

Perchance to dream. Getting laid off is the best thing that could happen to me. Instead of quitting and getting nothing, I would get 26 weeks pay and unemployment. Huge money.

The wrinkle is that it is a Catch-22 type of situation. If you want to get laid off you usually can’t. So the issue is: How do I get laid off?

One option (offered by Pa) is to offer to quit now (which I am doing anyway) or work hard 3 more months with the promise to be Laid Off then. It works for me both waysand gives management the option.

Another option is to confront my boss with the rationale of why it is in her best interest to Lay me Off now rather than wait for me to quit. I could be a terrible employee. I could have the worst case of “short timer syndrome”, ever. I could be taking half my remaining time off on vacation, sick and personal leave. The big project would fall into neglect.

A final option is to bribe my boss with a bucket of money.

Lots to think about. End game coming soon.

No comments: