Sunday, May 27, 2007

By This Time Tomorrow... - Day 49

I flew home to Philly. Mimi and buz picked me up last night at PHX and brought me home. It hasn't been long since I last saw them, only 6 weeks, but the feeling of being in my home, well not really my home, but the closest I have to a home, is a great feeling. Like seeing the Grand Canyon, words can't describe it. Love.

Anyway, after that reunion, I borrowed their car and headed up to Old Saybrook for the nuptials of Battlestar and B-girl. By this time tomorrow they will be wedded in everlasting, eternal, forever, no questions asked matrimonial bliss. Love.

Forty faces. Forty faces of friends. People I have known for so long and not seen for just a speck of time. But traversing the country makes it feel like it has been years, and seeing everyone at once is powerful. Many beers, gin and tonics, gins with no tonic, hurricanes, wine, more wine, Irish coffee, more gin, and just a few more beers...what was I saying...sorry, lost my train of thought.

Anyway, we are all here to watch Battlestar and B-girl get married. After that, me and 6Pack will be the only bachelors left in the crew. Scary. The nearly unbelievable fact that none of my close friends have ever separated is a wonder to us all and a streak I hope will never be broken.

The proud parents of Battlestar have had a busy year. Between weddings and new grandchildren, they are having a year to remember. Congrats!!

B. Schwarts orchestrated cocktails and dinner at a nearby establishment that had a Nawlins flavor, and the huge appetizers whetted our appetites for the onslaught of enormous, tasty chef specialty entrees that left half the plates unfinished only because there was no room in the belly to fit all the sumptuous meals.

We'll (including Battlestar) golf tomorrow before the evening wedding. We'll all dress pretty, and come out the other end of the festivities lubricated and smiling...but tomorrow night, Battlestar and B-girl will be married. Happily ever after...and hopefully they will be in Seattle soon after so I can go visit them....we'll see.

No comments: