Tuesday, May 22, 2007

SF Bonds and Relatives - Days 43-44

I drove to SF with my sister when I was 22. It is the single most critical turning point in my sister's post college life. Had I not moved here, there is little chance that Sis would have. Had she not moved here, there is no chance that she'd have met Dix. Had they not met, we'd have no ReMax.

It was all my doing. After taking my bow, I have to admit it has worked out pretty well for me here. I have the equivalent of a condo down here in the basement. It is complete with high speed WiFi Internet, access to a very well stocked bar, all the amenities, tivo (though primarily there are cartoons recorded) and a huge Plasma HDTV. Feels like home...until 6:22AM when I am awakened by a flying knee to the groin by a well intentioned 5 year old.

After a Sunday ensconced in my normal familial duties (playing the buffoon, teaching dirty jokes, and tickle torture to the point where I am given a "time-out"), I had this sunny Monday morning to myself. Since this is the first time I was in a city with Citi branches, I headed out to complete a few tasks lingering from the close of my condo sale. I drove west on Geary for a while, then doubled back to pass through the Presidio. I caught a glimpse of the the Golden Gate and a full-on look at Alcatraz as I headed for Lombard street. I realized I didn't bring my camera along, so I intentionally didn't go down the crooked part of the street. Up Van Ness, I found the Citi branch, and decided to slip back to base before becoming too distracted. I realize now, I must become bit of a tourist here again.

I had Pho for lunch. I overspent and got the #1 for $8. I walked out with about 3 pounds of food. I asked Sis how to prepare it and she said, "First we need a big bowl". She got out a mixing bowl you could toss a large salad in. She then instructed me to drop the five types of meat in first, add the noodles, then pour in the half gallon of soup broth. Top it off with the 6 packets of veggies, peppers and sauces. I ate half of it and looked 6 months pregnant.

After my food coma nap, Sis and I headed to the ball park. Dix had purloined tickets from his boss in the 4th row behind first base. Nice seats. SF vs. HOU. My fantasy baseball team had acquired B. Bonds yesterday, so I was scouting the steroid inflamed slugger. As far as fantasy baseball goes, having your team on steroids or HGH is really a good thing. BTW, best ball park I've ever been to.

With this post, I am leaving the pictures as the size they upload. Let me know if the bigger pictures are better? But, it may be too slow to be worth it for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure what you mean by "leaving pictures the size they upload in." When double clicked , all the pictures blow up to be very big except for Max's picture which is OK because I din't want a closeup of whatever it is in his mouth. However, Ries's green whiskers are well worth a better view. I like the ability to study the faces in the crowd, especially the couple by your right ear.

Anonymous said...

bigger pictures are better, they did not slow down my computer.