Thursday, May 24, 2007

Interludes and Returning to the Trip - Day 46

Today - nothing. 9 holes in the morning with Sis, a ham and cheese sandwich in the toaster oven for lunch, a nap, ice cream with Ries, takeout Thai, and I finally caught the finale of Heroes (best new TV series of the season).

Tomorrow - 9 or 18 more holes in the morning, a nap, dinner perhaps with Seismic and Sis and perhaps a pre-birthday cup cake dessert. Oh, and I need to pack.

Early Friday, I will be flying back to the East Coast. Leaving the Prius, the GPS, the maps and most of my "house" behind, I will be spending the next two weeks on a vacation away from my road trip.

The main purpose of this trip is to attend the ceremonies and last rights of Battlestar and B-girl's wedding. After which, I will be catching up with those I've driven away (from). I might try to take a separate sojourn during that period, but it isn't a priority. I'll likely post some details of the days during that time, but again, not a priority.

But not to worry for those of you (AuntSue) who are actually following this blog, after those two weeks, I will be back in San Francisco and have already began planning out my next excursion.

This is totally open to change, but right now, I am thinking I head north from SF and check out Oregon. From there I am hoping the wedded Battlestars have hit Seattle, and I would like to stop over with them and welcome them to the left coast. I am thinking Vancouver Canada will be my first city in a foreign land. I'd follow that with Calgary and a downhill journey through Montana, the Rockies, and whatever follows before a brief layover back at the Treasons in Phoenix.

After that, I am eyeing a bizarre journey into Mexico. About a thousand miles later, I may join up with Sis and her family in Puerto Vallarta at a house they are renting. And after all that, I'm not sure if I'll trek back up through Mexico to my base in Phoenix or meander east to the southern states. Or if I think it is safe, South is an option...who knows, perhaps I'll drive to Ecuador.

So be patient, and I'm sure I'll have the new and exciting happening again after the old and exciting of the Northeast.

Sorry, no pictures today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight back East. Even though you abandoned the Hoboken crew, I'm sure we are all looking forward to seeing you.

I think you need to get Mexican auto insurance if you are driving in Mexico (no joke). You might want to check it out. I'm not bailing you out of some jail in Mexico....... ;)

Anonymous said...

You have to admit the end of Heroes was rather disappointing. Or as BFox said, "That sucked".

By the way, the NJ Fox's and the "left coast" Fox's will be in Hawaii end of August. Any thoughts of driving there? I think you need Pacific Ocean insurance, but you are definitely welcome to join us.

See you in a few hours.

Anonymous said...

Mr. T here...I will bail you out of Mexico but only if you wear that serape, a plastic six shooter and a big mexican hat for at least two days. Also, I worked with a guy who now lives in Costa Rica. I'm sure I could convince him to board a fellow coder, that is if the rebels haven't killed him yet.