Monday, July 23, 2007

BS and more BS - Day 106

I've now ended 5 straight days with Battlestar (BS). We've seen the Badlands, Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone together. We've seen a plethora of golden waves of grain and purple mountains majesty. We've seen rocky mountain highs and sunny skies that never seem to end. And I always know that I'll see BS one more time again.

Travelling with BS to his predestined hometown of Seattle has been awesome. It was an experience that we will both remember for the rest of our lives. Perhaps aided by this blog or despite of this blog, we were both on the same wavelength when it came to travelling. While we had the destination in sight, we didn't want to miss out on all that the journey itself had to offer. We lapped it up.

We went from MN to SD to WY to to MT to ID to WA. Both he and I travelled to 3 states each that we'd never been in before. For me it was ND, MN and MT. At the hot spots we stopped and took in all that we could. We cruised home to Seattle as efficiently as the adventures would permit.

Thanks Battlestar! I can't say it enough. Thanks. And I hope we get the chance to do something as awesome as this again.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, his valued additions to the trip can be found to the right of this entry in BS's corner.



___________________

Battlestar's Corner:

DAY 6: It was 73 degrees outside, overcast, a few drops here and there today. And I have to say, “I love it.” I’m home and I’m officially a left-coaster. Yes, after about 3,400 miles of driving in the last week, we finally reached Seattle today and met up with my betrothed, B-girl (If she asks, let the record show that I’ve missed her tremendously this last week and hope to never spend that many days apart again for as long as we both shall live). The western part of Washington state is fantastic and every so often, I would point to a great view or a neat mountain town or a group of kayakers on a river and turn to RT and exclaim, “Do you know that this is only (insert # here less than 100) miles from where I live?” After arriving in Seattle, we took RT out for a nice sushi dinner in our new neighborhood and then after b-girl went to bed, RT and I headed out to the bar on the corner, Buckley’s. No doubt this will become my Ted ‘n Jo’s for the next couple of weeks until we move into our new home.

So…I’ve indulged myself enough in the above paragraph, for those of you still reading, here’s the entertaining part, the behind the scenes dirt that you’re all aching to know. These are my random thoughts of the week, stream of consciousness-like: RT and I are both too easy-going when we travel, but it works out perfectly and we are both very courteous with our bathroom habits; RT is a new person since he started this trip; I have not traveled in the Prius, but from what I’m told it is far better set up for a road trip than the Audi; water pressure in the shower is a key determining factor, if not THE determining factor, of how good a hotel is; if you have not traveled by car in the northwest, you have not experienced some of the best that this country has to offer; happiness is a few bottles of water, a few sodas, some beef or elk jerky, licorice, and some beers in the bottom of the cooler; Washington peaches are the juiciest I’ve ever had; have you seen the documentary on hotel bedspreads and how they don’t ever get washed…ick; I just actually typed the word “ick”; Lewis and Clark were some seriously messed up dudes—what took us a few hours probably took them a few weeks, then they hit the west coast and, guess what, they had to go BACK!!!; We named RT's GPS device Sacagawea after Lewis and Clark’s guide; Life is good; do you know that the guys that came up with that “Life is Good” saying made $80 million licensing fees last year?; You should all try to spend a few days with RT on his trip…or at least give him a call while he’s on the road.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry it has to end.... I've enjoyed this bit of the trip.

Who am I kidding, I'm addicted to this blog. I can't hardly get my coffee before I'm on the computer (as long as Mr. T. isn't on the computer working...).

So RT - you hitting the road today or tomorrow?

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey - TreasonBiker and FlowerGirl are headed back starting today - but I doubt you'll cross paths.

RoadTripper said...

TP - I'm sorry it has to end also. It was great having a partner for this and hope it happens again...when are you joining me?

I'll post the next set of general plans later today.

Anonymous said...

Good job, BS -- the side notes make for good reading. So what's the story of the troll under the bridge?