Monday, July 30, 2007

Nothing - Day 114

I got nothing worth writing about today. There are days when I am staying over at a place for a couple days, and am just hanging out with friends or family, so I don't post. But today was a full fledged travel day, and there is absolutely nothing redemptive about it. It was a dud.

I travelled a bunch of the Loess (pronounced luss) Hill Scenic Drive in Iowa. While it wasn't an interstate, it wasn't any better. It was endless farms. I stopped in Omaha, NB at a Road Food recommendation, and while quaint, it certainly wasn't as good as Helmer's in Hoboken (it was German food). I get to check Nebraska off the list of states visited - perhaps my greatest achievement of the day. I then took another back road east (IA-34) and ended up in Chariton, IA.

I took only one picture today. I don't know what it is, but I was so surprised to see something other than a farm, I quickly grabbed the camera while passing. 400 miles, and not another single thing that made me want to grab the camera. Possibly a lot more corn tomorrow, feel free to call.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many states have you visited in your life? Which states have you missed?

Anonymous said...

Evidently, Iowa is a state you can miss.

RoadTripper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoadTripper said...

TP - Yep.

mark - here goes:

So far on this trip I have visited the following states:
NJ, PA, OH, WV, KY, IN, IL, MO, AR, TN, MS, LA, TX, NM, AZ, CO, UT, CA, NY, CT, NV, ID, WY, DE, OR, WA, MN, SD, MT, ND, NB, IA (32 States)

I know I have previously also been in these states: HI, VT, NH, MA, MD, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, RI (11 States)

Leaving this as the list of states unvisited: KA, WI, ME, AK, OK, MI, AL (7 States)

Of those 7 states, I figure I might possibly get to KA, OK, and/or AL while this trip continues. That could leave just Wisconsin, Michigan, Maine and Alaska.

Anonymous said...

RT, didn't you go to the clambake up in New Hampshire in 1990? If so, we took a side trip to Maine on the way back. Also, a shame you did not sneak in Wisconsin or Michigan when you were up in that neck of the woods. BFOX, DFOX and JFOX say hi.

Anonymous said...

Oh. I wanna know what the post said that was deleted....

RoadTripper said...

MFox - Nope, I don't think I went to that one...I never went to the original boreth clambake, only our splinter sect...then again, I have that famous Murphy memory.

TP - the deleted post was by me. I had typed up and saved the now deleted comment with my response to mark. I then transferred it to the Day 115 Blog. I then copied all the states that I had entered, into a spreadsheet and sorted alphabetically. I realized that I had put MI in the list twice. One of the MI's should have been MS. So I then posted the now present comment and deleted the original. A simple typo fix.

Just wanted to fully clarify the deleted comment issue to avoid any conspiracy theories. I wish the republicans would do the same in the Pat Tillman homicide coverup.

Anonymous said...

This is a photo of Rosenblatt Baseball Stadium in Omaha, Nebraska. This is where the college world series is played every spring.

The dome building is the bird aviary at the Henry Doorly Zoo. The zoo is fantastic and is next to Rosenblatt.