Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Had a Four Way On - Day 4 - With Onions

After a quick two hour drive, we went from Louisville to Cincinnati today and partook of a truly divine family tradition. The original by-laws of the family include only two actual requirements:

1. Thou shalt respect your matriarch and the matriarch of the family (AuntSue)
2. Upon re-entry to the holy land (Cincinnati) you must attend a ritualistic feast at Skyline.

It was fantastic. I had the 4-way with onions, which consists of spaghetti, chili, onions and cheese - the latter two items in abundant quantities. It was as it has ever been and thus it was perfect.

I called CuzTina from Louisville, and she might have been as happy as me to set up a pass-by luncheon. CuzTina invited AuntSue to lunch and she demurred...until she added I would be there, and she drove clear across the city. What a broad! We had a great lunch, and I got caught up on all the family dirt. I now know where all the free beds are.

I'll be continuing this Cincy family reunion later in the journey. After a brief stay in Cincy perhaps in late July, CuzTina has promised me beyond all doubt, and all backing out of, and all Indian giving (no offense Indians reading this) that she will be trooping with me home to NJ on a later leg of the journey.

Rain fell most of the rest of the day as we made our grand entrance to the Windy City - lets just call it a wash-out.


3 comments:

The SWZA said...

Woo hooo!

Coconut and red bean ice cream, dude.

RoadTripper said...

LOL, It's only been 5 days, but that seems so long ago!!

CuzTina said...

I believe I was MORE happy than you to set up lunch! I couldn't believe it. It was great to see you, although too short. I like the promised beyond all doubt. . . . That's not quite how I recall the conversation. I do have total blessing from my husband to join you from Cincy to NJ, although my kids might be a little upset. I'll just tell them they won't fit! We'll have to get dates firm so I can check into a return flight while they're still affordable (some of us in the real world have to plan!) Do you think you could put up with me for 10 hours in a car????????