Sunday, April 1, 2007

It's all going wrong!!!

I came out to my brand new Prius, to find that it had been side swiped, and my driver's side door mirror was dangling. Hoboken street parking at it's worst. No note or anything from the culprit. I hadn't gotten it insured yet, so I don't know what is going to happen about that. I guess I am fortunate that the rest of the car looks like it was not hit. The dealership is closed, so I will wait til tomorrow to find out how much it's going to cost.

CuzJoe just got the hospitals work schedule for April. They didn't give him the weeks off. He either quits and finds a new job, or has to show up. He's undecided, but I don't want him to lose his job because of a vacation.

And that's not the worst of it. The buyer's of my condo, following the home inspection, have pulled together a ridiculous list of items that need to be fixed or they are pulling out of the agreement. The most expensive items are:

  1. Re-wiring of the entire place to get it up to new building codes that were put in place about 6 years ago (some sort of GFCI requirement). - $4,200
  2. Replacement of pitted copper pipes in kitchen and bathroom and in the bathroom wall. - with wall repairs and all - $2,000
  3. Repair of water damage to bathroom ceiling and side wall - Est. $1,000
  4. Stove hood and vent system replacement - Est. $3,500
  5. 14 other little items totaling $1,100
Having had the higher offer earlier, my realtor thinks it would be best to put the place back on the market and start getting some of these items done...looks like it's back to work for me. I shouldn't have resigned, but rather taken the LOA!!!

I think I am going to have to cancel the Road Trip...this may be my last post.
sloof lirpa - llew si lla

6 comments:

terri said...

I hope this is a April Fools Day joke!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a short setback. A test of whether you really want it. Don't lose focus! Kristin

RoadTripper said...

Yes, this was just an April Fools joke. No worries, all is going as planned.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're going to take a walk on the wild side! These things that are happening now are small in light of the great things you're going to experience . . . hit the road and have some fun. All this will soon be forgotten and replaced with a lot of great times and memories. By the way . . . I know a great tattoo place in San Fran if you need an address :) I think you need to add Cincy to your itinerary! Hope to see you, and if not, look forward to reading all about your trip! ~Tina

Anonymous said...

Now that was funny -- I will go back to the room in Greece and tell everyone the story and see how long it takes them to figure it out -- I didn't until Terry said.

Good one.
--Buz

RoadTripper said...

buz - I await your next reply. I doubt you could have printed the post, but would have been fun to pass it around. Tell me what the response was.

When writing it, I was concerned about spooking you all abroad, but I knew (buz) you'd read it first and then figure it out.

Bon Voyage!