Thursday, April 19, 2007

Nawlins - Day 11

I drank too much last night. CuzJoe roused me at 10:30AM, and he had already gone walkabout. We went walkabout last night, but if you can’t remember it, it didn’t happen. By the time I was anesthetized this morning with 3 aspirins and 14 glasses of water, it was time for lunch.

(Sorry if a lot of what I write about is food. But like most of you, I love food. Experiencing food is part of living. Indulging is part of living well. I’m living well.)

Lunch was at Mothers, just a couple blocks from our hotel, and again, from the Road Food book (p. 272). After standing in a line that ran the full length of the place, we ordered what the book suggested: roast beef and ham Po-Boys. Superb. The book works. Should anyone ever repeat or mimic a trip like this, you must travel with this book. On yesterday’s post, 6pack and buz posted comments about places to visit. Because of the book, we had already scouted both out and will be at them tomorrow or Friday.

Since today was a no-drinking day for me, I went back to the hotel, listened to the news about the VA college shooting, and took a much needed nap. After waking, a hurricane couldn't hurt at Pat O’s. And we had to have a bottle of wine at dinner. We chatted up the conventioneers at the table next to us during dinner, had a few more drinks, and BLAM, it’s last night all over again.

More food, more wine; more everything is fine.

Catching some local music, but Preservation Hall is not doing its thing until tomorrow. I’m looking to take in the ninth ward, and Tulane tomorrow, and may even tour the Bayou. Taking my house (the Prius) out of lockup opens many more possibilities.

BTW, we are staying at the Queens and Crescent Hotel for $55 a night. This place should be costing $200, we have it at a steal. Super quality, and just a few blocks from Bourbon Street. Thank you hotels.com.

B&M, we also are trying to meet up with Kim and nothing has worked out so far…perhaps tomorrow.

Photos from Mother's, Old Muddy, and a drunken bathroom stall.

BTW, the photos should be able to be clicked on to get a bigger picture of them. Some of the details are nice, though I am not really much of a photographer. Let me know if you can't enlarge them. Eventually, I will try to send out a link to all my photos...I only post a couple a day, but I have been taking about a dozen or so each day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was able to engorge the pictures. Much more satisfying. For those wondering about the innocence of Dani bla bla bla's post, that was from my 7-year old daughter. It was fun explaining to her what it means for Scott "to have a topless woman at a gentlemans club".

Anonymous said...

Oooh. You missed out by not having the Debris Po Boy at Mother's ... it's heaven on a roll ... with a pickle! Go back and have one! Oooo! That and the red beans and rice at Dunbar's! Great to talk to you at the wedding this weekend! -B